GDM would like to remind everyone that Nashiru will come to Lakeland, FL this Saturday for fundraising at the Islamic Center of Lakeland. The guest speaker will be Imam Sharif. The time of the event is 6pm to 10pm. Please come and show the support!
Due to bugs in theme GDM used for website, the web admin replaced the GDM website to another theme for a temporary use until the web design contractor replaced the GDM Website with a new professional look soon.
Due to error on the poster for today workshop,
the gdm office building is 5695 not 5689
New videos are uploaded to GDM Youtube Channel
Global Deaf Muslim will provide a workshop in collaboration with Council on Islamic-American Relations on the topic called “Know your Rights.”
The event will be at GDM office on the day of 19th October 2013. The time of the workshop will be from 12pm to 2pm.
Light foods and drinks will be provided.
As part of ongoing tweaks to Global Deaf Muslim webpage, new additions are:
- Global Deaf Muslim Online Store through Square Market is now LIVE! Go HERE to see what we are selling.
- To allow donors who donated to GDM through online to review past donations and make corrections, a direct link to Donor Tools login is added under Donate menu.
- Contact information and certain information about GDM were updated
Lot of things have been happening for Global Deaf Muslim since last update at Aug 8th. These are what happened:
1. Deaf Umrah Trip DVD is made and will be distributed to went to Saudi Arabia and to donors who supported the Umrah Project.
2. DVD of Sawn in ASL is produced and distributed to GDM chapters and Deaf Muslims as a part of GDM’s efforts to produce Islamic topics in ASL videos to further Islamic Education for the Deaf.
3. GDM staffs have been extremely busy with planning for the the FIRST INTERNATIONAL FORUM for the Deaf Muslims at Doha, Qatar. That conference is the first ever global meeting of Deaf Muslims in the history. That will occur from November 10 to 14. GDM and the Qatar Deaf Center are exciting about the upcoming forum. The registration is closed.
4. Fundraising at September 21 in Raleigh, NC came out wonderfully thank to an awesome team of volunteers led by Sister Nisma Gabr. The fundraising was at NCSU, McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education room. The pictures of the fundraising can be seen HERE. All credits for taking the pictures at NC goes to a team of 3 photographers led by Nida Allam. GDM raised over $43,000! Allah is great and awesome!
5. Executive Director Izedin Mohammed of Minnesota Chapter started the Islamic Class for Deaf Muslims at St Paul recently. He has been teaching Deaf Muslims the basic Arabic writing, important concepts in Islam, and the introduction to Islam. That is one of the GDM programs, providing an Islamic class for the Deaf Muslims.
6. Muslim Deaf Development, a chapter at Ghana, recently made a Zakat distribution to poor Deaf Muslims to provide them a relief, food, and medical care.
It is hard to believe that Ramadan is already over! Eid Mubarak to everyone all around the world!
We as GDM officials would like to thank all donors, supporters, and volunteers for helping GDM develop in a much strong and better organization! In fact, GDM has received at least $50,000 from all over the U.S. Alhamidullah! That amount of money collected will be used to enlarge the Zakat fund, support local and new chapters of GDM, continue video production of Islam and Qur’an in ASL.
During the month of Ramadan, ASL instructor, Maher Eshgi, has produced a series of videos, explaining the proper rules and behaviors during Ramadan to Deaf Muslims who would like to learn more about Islam and Ramadan. The videos have been uploaded on YouTube and can be viewed HERE. These videos are made to meet the demands of Deaf Muslims to understand the significance of Ramadan in American Sign Language (ASL). The next series of videos will mainly focus on the Al-Rahman Surah, how to perform pilgrimage in Mecca & Medina, and the introduction to Islam. We ask all of our donors and supporters to please continue supporting this wonderful project!
The Deaf Muslims who went to Saudi Arabia for Umrah has returned home safely, masa’Allah! came back to their homes safe, Mash Allah! We will upload several videos and pictures from the Mecca journey soon, in sha’ Allah. Once again, we as GDM would like to thank to all of our generous donors and supporters for making this possible for the first time in history! GDM will have another Umrah trip next year, in sha’Allah.
GDM Chapter in Minnesota is expanding the services by adding numerous Islamic and Arabic writing classes for Deaf Muslims in the Twin Cities every Saturday when possible. For more information, please visit GDM Minnesota page HERE.
Halaqah and Iftar
As’salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
Come to the halaqah at 5:00pm this weekend. Iftar will be hosted by GDM. We will see you July 27th, in shaa Allah.
Please be sure to go to:
Global Deaf Muslim
5695 Columbia Pike Ste. 201
Falls Church, VA 22044
May Allah reward you all,
P.S. Did you know there will be jumuaah with ASL interpretation at the New Brunswick Islamic Center (NBIC) in New Jersey Friday July 26, and August 2, 2013 at 1 pm. Please tell any friends and family you may have in that area. NBIC is located at 1330 Livingston Ave., North Brunswick, New Jersey, 08902.
Jumuaah in ASL
New Brunswick Islamic Center (NBIC) is pleased to announce jumuaah with ASL interpretation, Friday, July 26, and August 2, at 1 pm.
In shaa Allah NBIC will provide ASL interpretation for jumuaah on an ongoing basis in the future. At present, please check availability on a weekly basis.
Please go to NBIC:
1330 Livingston Avenue, North Brunswick, New Jersey 08902
We hope Ramadan’s treating you very well. We are very excited to announce that you now can register to participate in our 1st International Forum for Deaf Muslim on November 10th-13th, 2013 in Doha, Qatar. In order to register for the forum, please visit our website:
We will reserve seats for 350 participants/representatives only. Seats are assigned on a first come, first served basis so PLEASE make it a priority to send in your registration as soon as possible.
Also, please share this and spread the word!!
Global Deaf Muslim
New videos have been uploaded so please be sure to check them out and let us know what you think!
GDM is currently launching Ramadan Donation Campaign!
We have updated our Video gallery with a new look so be sure to check it out! In addition, new videos have been added to the gallery as well so please check them out too!
RAMADAN MUBARAK to all Brothers and Sisters in the world from Global Deaf Muslim!
Assalamu alaikum Brothers and Sisters,
We would like to share a message that has been announced by ISNA (Islamic North of North America) on their website (www.isna.net):
The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) is pleased to announce that the holy fasting month of Ramadan will start in North America on Tuesday, July 9, 2013. ISNA’s Majlis Ash-Shura has resolved to follow the position of the Fiqh Council of North America, which is to use the methodology of calculations for determining the Islamic lunar months for North America.
On the basis of this method, the dates of Ramadan and Eid Al-Fitr for the year 1434 AH are established as follows:
1st of Ramadan will be on Tuesday, July 9, 2013
1st of Shawwal will be on Thursday, August 8, 2013
For further details, please click here or go tohttp://www.fiqhcouncil.org/. May you, your family and community have a blessed Ramadan.
As’salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
Sheikh Shaker will have Islamic Class on Saturday July 6 at 2pm, in shaa Allah. The class will be the first in our new office. Go across the parking lot from the old office. We look forward to seeing you.
Please be sure to go to:
Global Deaf Muslim
5695 Columbia Pike Ste. 201
Falls Church, VA 22044
Assalamu alaikum Brothers & Sisters,
Unfortunately, our GDM website hasn’t been renovated with a new look for such a long time so we are actively looking for an experienced web developer to be responsible for creating a whole new website for Global Deaf Muslim that’s more user-friendly. He or she will work closely with our Director of Development and Marketing Coordinator to develop new ideas and make recommendations on how to improve the website. We will offer compensations for your work.
• Work closely with Director of Development and Marketing Coordinator
• Test the website and identify technical problems if any
• Make sure all links are connected properly
• Convert raw images and layouts into CSS/HTML themes
• Work with our Graphic Designer to build and enhance graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
• Must have some Web programming and Web Design experience
• A copy of your resume
• At least two portfolios
• Be able to work independently
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
• Be very reliable
If you feel that you are a good fit for this job opportunity, please submit your resume and portfolios to our Marketing Director, Fatima Muhammad, at email@example.com. PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS ONLY A TEMPORARY JOB, NOT PERMANENT FULL-TIME JOB!!!
Assalamu alaikum everyone,
Metropolitan Deaf Muslim is hosting a picnic day on June 22. GDM members are welcome to come. Please bring only one guest. The park has a baseball field, tennis court, basketball court and playground. Please bring a ball if you want to play.
Time: 12-8:30 PM
Fort Scott Park
Fort Scott Drive
Arlington, Virginia 22202
Please visit the Evite link below for more information:
Hope you can join us for the fun time, in sha Allah!
We have sad news–it is very unfortunate that we have to close our GDM office in Falls Church for the time being due to structural damage caused by a reckless driver. The front of our office is badly damaged so therefore, the office will not be used to host social events, classes, etc. Police Department of Falls Church will conduct an investigation on the property damage. We do not know when the damages will be repaired but we will announce when the office will be open, in sha’ Allah.
Assalamu alaikum Brothers and Sisters,
Global Deaf Muslim would like to share several updates with you:
* Nashiru has returned to USA safely after spending one month in Tamale, Ghana. He spent a lot of time helping develop a new organization for the Deaf Muslims, Muslim Deaf Development, in Tamale.
* Nashiru has met with the President of the Deaf Qatari association in Doha, Qatar to finalize the details for the upcoming First International Forum for Deaf Muslims.
* First International Forum for the Deaf will take place at St. Regis Hote in Doha, Qatar from November 10 to 13, 2013. More details will be discussed later.
* Umrah for the Deaf Trip is coming up next month in July. GDM has been working with Professional Hajj and Umrah LLC to make this trip possible. It is a grand trip for Deaf Muslims to experience unity of Islam in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
* Ramadan is coming up soon! GDM is busy making arrangements to plan and coordinate local fundraisings, campaigns, and online donation drives.
* In addition, GDM is still working on creating videos and distributing materials that are designed to help Deaf Muslims how to prepare themselves for the month of fasting (aka Ramadan).
Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh!
We want to know more about you! This form is designed to help us learn more about where Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Muslims and their supporters are located and what types of services they desire or need. Please take a moment to fill out the information below!
As’salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
There is a guest speaker on Saturday the May 18. We welcome Imam Talib Sharieff from Masjid Muhammad in DC. Please come on time at 2 pm with your questions. Brother Hamza will interpret, in shaa Allah.
This class is provided for free and out of generosity of the Imams and speakers. Please come in order to continue the free class offering.
May Allah reward you all,
New videos from last two Islamic classes have been uploaded to the Video Gallery so please check out the videos! The videos show the lecturer covering the topics of Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) early years when he was under the protection of his uncle and how the Prophet escaped from Mecca after his uncle’s death.
More new pictures from Nash’s journey to MDD (Muslim Development for the Deaf) in Tamele, Ghana, will be uploaded soon. We would like to thank our donors and hard-working members of MDD for making it possible for the Deaf Muslims in Ghana to have full access to Islam, even with very limited funds and resources!
GDM will be posting more information regarding the success of developing an organization in Ghana soon.
Please share your duaa (prayers) and show your support for our dear brothers and sisters as they enjoy having a better acess to Islam and feeling more inclusive in the community. If you would like to support by donating, please click the link below:
Remember, it’s tax-deductible!
Please stay tuned for more details and pictures!
We would like to provide you the latest update of what we have been doing so far. April was the busiest time of the year as we had a lot of things going on. We had two very successful fundraisers in North Brunswick, NJ and Minneapolis, MN, masa’Allah!
In addition, we have other updates and special announcements to make:
1) We have finally uploaded GDM videos and pictures. Please click here to see the latest videos and pictures!
2) We have received several requests from the public, asking us to re-organize the videos page. We have organized all of our videos by putting them in the right category rather than putting them all in one page. We hope you find this much easier now to find the video that you want to view.
3) As stated previously, we had hosted a fundraiser at a local masjid in North Brunswick, New Jersey on April 7th, 2013 and it was one of the most successful fundraisers we ever have, Alhamdulillah. We would like to thank our Tri-State team who worked very hard to make this happen and made sure everyone had a great time! We also like to thank our main speaker and guest speaker: Imam Siraj Wahhaj and Abdul Murphy for delivering such wonderful speeches. GDM has raised about $28k in cash and $25k in pledges but we still will be collecting more, in sha’ Allah.
4) We had another fundraiser in St. Paul, Minnesota on April 27, 2013. It went very well and we had a great time listening to Imam Siraj Wahhaj as he was the main speaker for the event. We would like to thank Minnesota Chapter of GDM and their volunteers who worked hard to make this a great and successful fundraiser. In addition, Izedin Muhammad, Chapter Director of Minnesota Chaper of GDM, did a very wonderful job organizing the fundraiser. The Minnesota Chapter have raised $6k in cash and checks with remaining $20k in pledges. Allah Akbar! We will upload pictures pictures and videos here soon, in sha Allah.
5) President Nashiru Abdulai has been in Tamale, Ghana since last week of April and he will be staying there until the first week of June to oversee and develop our international chapter there in Ghana, which is called Muslim Development for the Deaf (MDD). In addition, he will be working with MDD to develop new programs, opportunities, and activities to ensure Deaf Muslims have full access to Islam. We hope that MDD will be growing into a big organization, in sha Allah.
MDD has set up their Facebook Page so please be sure to check it out for more information and updates!
6) In addition, Nashiru will be flying to Doha, Qatar in May to meet with Qatari Deaf Muslims to discuss and coordinate the plan for First International Forum for the Deaf Muslims on November 2013. More details will be discussed later.
7) GDM will continue providing free ASL and Islamic classes in Falls Church, Virginia on every Saturday when we have speakers available.
8) GDM will have a monthly executive meeting soon to discuss more about the plans for this summer and fall.
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
GDM Umrah Committee
Voice for the Voiceless
Speakers: Imam Siraj Wahhaj and Ustadh AbdelRahman Murphy!
This fundraiser will help raise money to create the first Qur’an for Deaf Muslims by translating the meaning of the Qur’an into American Sign Language. This project will give our Deaf brothers and sisters an opportunity to experience submission to our Creator by making the Qur’an accessible to them.
Our projects solely focus on benefiting Deaf Muslims and their needs. Global Deaf Muslim (GDM) is a non-profit organization founded in 2005 by Nashiru… Abdulai, GDM’s Deaf President. It is the only organization in North America and one of the few in the world that works to make Islam accessible to the Deaf. As you may be aware, Deaf Muslims struggle to learn about Islam because of the limited availability of information in American Sign Language (ASL). They cannot benefit from khutbahs, lectures, and events because few mosques and Islamic organizations provide ASL interpretation. Consequently, the Deaf have not only been excluded from learning about Islam, but they also have been excluded from the Muslim community all together. However, the Deaf community has shown nothing but eagerness to learn more about Islam and their Creator.
-Formal Dinner will be served. Please dress to impress.
-Insha’Allah there will be a bazaar where you can discover local Muslim businesses.
-Tickets are being sold now get yours today!!!!
Sunday, April 7 at 5:30 pm
New Brunswick Islamic Center
1330 Livingston Avenue
North Brunswick, NJ, 08902, USA
Interpreters will be provided.
Do you think you should be chosen as one of the 40 to go on a trip to Saudi Arabia for Umrah?
If yes, in order to be qualified for the Umrah trip, each of you should send a short video (5 minutes or less) to tell about yourself and why you should be selected for Umrah in Ramadan of 2013, and why you cannot afford to go. When the video is completed, save it on DVD or on USB flash drive. This video will be sent to the selection committee.
The criteria is as follows:
1) You must be at least 18 years old.
2) Has permission from Parent(s) if not independent.
3) Submit proof of income:
(social security, food stamps, state welfare benefits, paystubs, etc.)
4) Income tax if filed one to see if the applicant is below poverty level as defined by US Department of Human and Health Services (http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/12poverty.shtml)
5) Pay $400 at the time of application
The application is for one person only.
One package includes:
Time in Medina, Mecca, Jeddah, lectures by Islamic scholars, with Saudi Arabian English translators
lectures ASL interpreted by American professional interpreters accommodation for 10 days
and time with Deaf Saudi Arabians.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Umrah trip, please e-mail our Secretary Atiya Atah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you probably know, we had a fundraiser at Muslim Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA and we are very pleased to say that it was a great turnout and we have earned a fairly large amount of donations, Alhamdiuallah! We would like to thank Imam Siraj Wahhaj for his time to come and give an excellent lecture and thank Salah Al-Moukamal, the President of MCCGP, for giving a welcome speech at the fundraiser.
We look forward to having a fundraiser in Pittsburgh again in the near future, insha’Allah!
Global Deaf Muslim’s fiscal year will end on January 31st, 2013. If you have donated to GDM but have not received a letter of donation and acknowledgement, PLEASE contact us at email@example.com.
We will release our Form 990 for public inspection sometime in February, insha’Allah.
This is a friendly remainder to let you know that we have Islam class at Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center on December 29, 2012. Interpreters will be provided. The class is open to all who want to learn more about Islam. It will be leaded by our Imam. Please come and learn with us, insha’Allah!
Great news! It’s official that we will be having a fundraiser at Muslim Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA on January 5th, 2013. Imam Siraj Wahhaj will be our keynote speaker.
Please don’t forget to mark own your calendar for this wonderful event!
Nashiru and an GDM official has just returned from Santa Clara, CA last weekend for the GDM fundraiser. We are very pleased to say that we had a very good turnout. We had a good number of Deaf Muslims and donors attending. Nashiru and Wisam Sharieff were the main speakers for the fundraiser. We would like to thank Nabeel Khatif and Sarah Tisdale so much for moderating and preparing the fundraiser. We would not have done it without their support!
In addition, there is a well-written article here that you can read more regarding the fundraiser. Enjoy!
This is a friendly remainder to let you know that we will be hosting a fundraiser in Santa Clara on December 1st, 2012. Please see more details below.
We hope you can come and support us, insha’Allah!
We are very pleased to announce that we have a new addition to our GDM Executive Boar and her name is Atiya Atah. She is our new Secretary now. Please feel free to contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
A new menu has been added to the top of our page. Please check out the “Social Media” menu and be sure to like our GDM page and join our GDM group and follow us on Twitter!
In addition, we have added more information about GDM in Minnesota under the “Programs” menu so please check it out as well!
We have GREAT news to share with you! GDM will have upcoming events this month and next month:
Qu’ran in ASL Campaign on December 1st at 6pm in Santa Clara, CA
Special event with MSA (Muslim Student Association) at Northeastern University on November 10th (More details will be added later)
Fundraising Event on January 5th in Pittsburgh, PA (More details will be added later)
Reviving The Islam Spirit Conference on December 21st in Toronto, Canada.
More to follow!
We would like to take our time to thank to all of our donors and sponsors. With their support, GDM was able to host two Eid-al-Adha in Falls Church, VA and in Tamale, Ghana. Alhamdiuallah! We had such a good time celebrating Eid together.
We have uploaded the Eid pictures under the “Gallery” Menu so please check them out!
Once again, thank you and May Allah bless you!
We have new events coming up this weekend: ASL class and Saturday class on Saturday. Both classes are free admissions!
Please see the “Upcoming Events” section on the right for more information!
Our President, Nashiru Abdulai will be in Rochester, NY soon for a couple of days. That was where he and others founded GDM. He will start planning on hosting a fundraiser in Rochester. The purpose of doing the fundraiser there is to raise funds for the Qu’ran in ASL Project.
Pictures and videos from the trip to Standford, CT have been uploaded! Please be sure to check them out under the “Gallery” menu.
Also, please check out the video of President Nash delivering the latest updates/information about GDM on the front page.
Enjoy and more pictures to follow!
President Nash will return to the United States from his home country in Ghana soon. He has been spending a lot of time setting up a new organization called Muslim Deaf Development in Ghana, which is considered as the first international branch office under the leadership of GDM. Please pray for his safe return to the States!
Muslim Deaf Development (an international branch of GDM) will have an inauguration day on September 14th, 2012 (Insha’Allah) in Tamale, Ghana. Deaf Muslims, Federal Government Representatives of Ghana, High-ranked officials of US Embassy, local Imams, and supporters will attend the official inauguration. The attendants will be Deaf Muslims of Tamale, representatives of Ghanaian federal government, high ranked representatives of US Embassy, local imams, and supporters of Deaf in Islam. GDM would like to thank all of our donors who supported the initial start-up stage of MDD. Pictures will be posted soon!
Two GDM officers will be traveling to Dallas, TX tomorrow from VA to attend a fundraiser with Brother Abdul Nasir Jangha. He is a guest speaker for the fundraiser. Food and refreshments will be provided and free admissions. Please come and support us! If you can not make it, please consider donating online as much as you can. Allah (swt) will reward those who donated generously!
Thank you so much for making this fundraiser possible!
Global Deaf Muslim will have a booth at the United for Change conference in Stamford, CT. Interpreters will be provided for those who would like to attend. For more information, please click HERE.
New pictures of our new organization, MDD, in Ghana have been posted. Please click HERE. to see the pictures!
There is a deaf school at Lahore, Pakistan for parents who wish to send their young deaf children to receive good education that is tailored for deaf needs. The name of the school is Lahore Speech & Language School. The school is administrated by a group of dedicated professionals including a deaf sister named Zara Husain. To find more information about the school and admission, please go HERE
Update about Texas Fundraising September 15 2012 can be found here
Deaf Muslims wanting to attend ISNA 49th Conference at Washington DC, please register HERE
A video of Vice President Ahmed making an Eid Greeting is uploaded. Please see the video HERE to see the message.
Global Deaf Muslim will be hosting a final Iftar at GDM office on Aug 18th, 2012 after Deaf Islam Class at 6:30pm. It is open to all who would like to celebrate the final night of Ramadan. Food and drinks will be provided. Hamza and Ahmed will lead the Deaf Islam Class from 6:30pm until it is time for Iftar dinner.
GDM is very pleased to announce that we have earned more than $20,000 during Ramadan! With only one day left until Ramadan, GDM would like to ask all donors to take an advantage of Ramadan to donate to the Qu’ran in ASL Project to reap the blessings of Allah (swt).
GDM is currently in process of producing another Qu’ran in ASL video. Stay tuned!
Holy Qur’an in ASL demo video has been released today. Finally!
The demo for the Qu’ran in ASL is almost done. Insha’ Allah, the video will be ready by tomorrow.
Pictures of Muslim Deaf Development – Ghana have been uploaded to our Media page. Please feel free to take a look at the pictures and it is so amazing to see how fast MDD is growing under the leadership of our dear President, Nash. We would like to thank our donors for making this wonderful organization to happen in Ghana. May Allah bless our donors!
As a reminder GDM has been adding videos HERE in past few days and will continue to do so. GDM has collection of old videos that have not edited and uploaded until now. Enjoy watching the videos. Insha allah, these videos will provide the audience the opportunity to learn more about Islam and Deaf in Islam.
Separate note, the Iftar Fundraising at Falls Church, VA on August 4th 2012 is limited to up to 72 attendants due to size and purpose of the event. To reserve your attendance, please go HERE or email to ahmed . ibrahim @ globaldeafmuslim.org to reserve and pay in person. The fundraising will focus on One Year Progress and Next Goals for GDM. The admission is $15 per person.
Muslim Deaf Development – Ghana has a facebook page. CLICK HERE
Please see the page to check the pictures. Thank to the donors for supporting the iftars. Please continue to send donations to GDM for MDD – Ghana. You can send to our office and put in memo that the donation is for MDD – Ghana.
The production for Quran in ASL had begin for the demo video to show the proof of concept. When demo video is completed, it will be uploaded to GDM website.
Video and images from Islamic Foundation of Passaic County, NJ Fundraising are added to the Media page. Global Deaf Muslim deeply appreciated the wonderful work and effort of NJ Fundraising Team especially Sister Mona and Brother Osama! GDM raised nearly $10,000 on that day. GDM also thank Islamic Foundation staffs and members for their generosity, kindness, and tremendous support for Qu’ran in ASL project.
New videos are added. Please check Video Gallery here.
Deen Show, a premier Internet TV show of Chicago uploaded an interview between Eddie and Nashiru & Ahmed. Please watch it! Thank Eddie!
WATC H HERE
GDM will provide an iftar once a week for the Deaf at the office during the Ramadan.
First iftar will be at July 21, 2011 at GDM office.
Open for Deaf Muslims and their children for no charge.
06 – 27 – 2012
New video uploaded to Gallery! Many new videos uploaded and are uploading as of today!
Check out HERE!
06 – 23 -2012
GDM on Deen Show!! Deen Show will upload an interview video between Nash and Eddie with Ahmed as an interpreter soon. We will post the link to the video when it is available. Thanks Eddie!
06 – 16 -2012
Buy tickets for Chicago Fundraising at June 23, 2012 HERE
Prince George Muslim Association at Maryland hosted a fundraising during the jummah to support Global Deaf Muslim’s Quran in ASL project. The support from the attendants and imams were generous, mashallah. President Nashiru and other GDM staffs attended to jummah to collect donations and to discuss with the mosque members about Quran in ASL project.
GDM raised, with support of PGMA, $7,763 on that day. Allah Akbar!
GDM signed a lease for an office at Rockspring Professional Center. GDM will move in at June 1st, 2012 to occupy for one year. The new address for GDM is
5683 Columbia Pike
Falls Church, Virginia 22041
GDM will have an open house sometimes in end of June to welcome visitors, members, donors, and public to view the new office.